Interested in joining us? Please see our current vacancies below…
Are you tired of writing dull press releases and selling in stories to grumpy journalists?
If you are, and fancy swapping your current role for a key role at a fun, energetic, fast moving and unique company, get in touch.
72Point is the best kept secret in the PR industry. We generate, produce and deliver survey-based news stories to the national print newspapers and their online sites for Britain’s biggest PR companies and their clients.
Last year, 80 per cent of the branded news stories we filed were published in print or on the web, and we aim to better that figure this year. To do that we need the help of an Account Manager to boost staff numbers on the creative team in our vibrant Bristol office.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree and around three to five years’ experience in PR or journalism, preferably both. They will quite possibly be currently working for a PR agency, or will be on a local newspaper looking for a move to the ‘dark side’.
They will be super-confident on the phone, have an abundance of news sense, an acute awareness of popular culture and will have the ability to write tight news copy.
This full-time, Bristol based role will also involve regular client meetings, often at short notice and usually in London, but sometimes further afield.
And they are going to have to hit the ground running in every sense of the word, with the distinct possibility they will be handling big clients from day one.
As part of 72Point’s creative team, day to day duties will include:
- Brainstorming for national news ideas in our bi-weekly news conferences
- Drafting survey questions to secure newsworthy stats
- Liaising with our sister company OnePoll
- Updating clients (both end-users and PR agencies) on project progress
- Drafting national news copy for our in-house newswire
- Liaising with our London based sales team and generally managing a varied client base across all sectors
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our team. As news and research specialists, we work with some of the UK’s top PR agencies and household brands to help them secure national news exposure and fulfill their market research requirements.
This role is based in Saffron Walden, Essex with occasional travel to our London office for meetings. Working with our Marketing Manager and alongside our design team, you will be involved in all areas of marketing within a busy, creative environment.
You will have the opportunity to help with a wide range of tasks and projects including the creation of marketing materials, updating company websites, organising stationery, working with databases and monitoring inbound enquiries – as well as involvement in social media, advertising, email and direct marketing, copy writing, proof reading…and more!
The role offers a great opportunity for personal development and good work is recognised and rewarded within the company.
• Preferably degree educated with an interest in marketing and PR
• Some previous marketing experience preferred
• Copywriting and proofreading skills would be an advantage
• An understanding of social media and some experience using WordPress would be beneficial
• Good interpersonal skills, initiative and a positive attitude are crucial
• Excellent attention to detail
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’d like to work with us.
JUNIOR WEB DEVELOPER
We are hiring a talented web developer to join our team. The position is based in Saffron Walden, Essex where you would be teamed with a developer, creative designers and a marketing team.
You will have the opportunity to work on internal projects for our parent company 72Point and also for our diverse selection of external clients.
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong knowledge of jQuery/JS
- Be able to deploy websites from development to production
- WordPress plugin development and child theming
- MySQL or MSSQL querying
- Produce clean and appropriately commented code
- Reliable and able to work on your own
- Experience of developing at least one AJAX system
- Exposure to JSON & XML
- Awareness of Version Control (Git or TFS)
- Appreciation of Joomla and Drupal
- Appreciation of SEO best practices
- Experience with configuration of Google Analytics
- Experience with website performance optimisation
- Experience with Database design
- Experience of talking directly with clients on the phone, by email and face to face.
What we are looking for in you
- A team player and a friendly person to work with
- Able to work and solve problems on your own
- Learn on the job
- Qualified to degree level (desired) or equivalent with development experience in the industry (essential)
Please email your CV to email@example.com.